Thank you Jacob Tugwood (Click Here for his blog) for nominating me. I met him through one of my blog posts that he commented on. I then checked out his blog and loved it. He writes with such eloquence and always heartfelt. It seems as if I could relate to him.
II. Favorite Blog
My favorite blog is the person who nominated me. There have been many blogs I have read- from criminal justice all the way to mental health issues. As previously stated, Jacob writes with eloquence and heart about mental illness. In some posts he draws on his personal experience to convey his thoughts (click here for that post); in others, he questions the status quo (click here for that post). In the latter, he makes the reader think why society is the way it is and why we should not just take societal beliefs at face value. He also tackles current issues (click here) and relates it to the subject he is writing about. Not many writers could synthesize in such a way. His posts are never boring and I can always find some new knowledge about the subject he is commenting on. Lastly, as he writes on such a personal level, I can relate to him as I am suffering from similar and same issues he is.
III. 10 Facts
Fact 1: I am a sociology senior (Class 2017) focusing on criminology and social stratification.
Fact 2: I started a blog series on here called ‘you and me’ in which I help people overcome their personal struggles using my own personal experiences after I saw a Youtuber do a similar thing with his youtube channel MikeMGTV as his videos helped me.
Fact 3: I love reading new things on my own time about other subjects such as political science.
F4: I love writing, whether it be blogs or long papers
f5: I like to play video games- super smash bros
F6:I love talking with friends and meeting new people
F7: I worked at a police station before– not a lot of students can say that!
F8: I suffered from Depression and Suffer from Social Anxiety
F9: I love cars- WRX
F10: I like to exercise
Nomination One: Renegade Press
Nomination Two: Frank Anthony
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog. At the official rule page, there are a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
Nominate 5 – 11 (or less) blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
List these rules in your post.
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
- Other than writing, what is your greatest passion?- Teaching/ Tutoring
- Which country has the most interesting history?- United Kingdom
- Do you own any pets? If so what?- Yes, a male cat
- Favourite film/television show and why?- Wreck It Ralph (an animated Disney Film). Great message for all ages– including adults. It also is a tear jerker
- Would you ever take up an extreme sport, such as skydiving?- why not? Never had the chance though.
- Fencing or archery? Which one sounds more appealing to you?- I personally fenced before (foil). But I haven’t tried archery, but want to. That seems fun!
- How long does it take you to write an average blog entry?- 2-3 hours
- What were your favourite subjects in school?- History (in grade school), Sociology and Anthropology (in college/ uni)
- What’s the most therapeutic activity you do to help manage your mental illness?- writing and music (both)
- If you could change one law in your respective country, what would it be?- Speeding is not a crime
- Finally, a bit of a tongue in cheek question – Do you watch and/or like Doctor Who?- No, don’t have much time to watch tv nowadays.
- Why did you start writing?
- Who is your greatest inspiration
- Do you have any other hobbies beside writing, like video games or playing sports?
- What is your major or was you major in college (if applicable)?
- What is your favorite book or author?
- What is one advice for a new blogger?
- When did you start writing?
- Who is your role model/ hero?
- Favorite singer/ songwriter?
- Favorite food?
- What interested you in the subject you are commenting on (your topics)?